[Tutor] ssh script

washakie washakie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:42:11 CET 2008

Hello, I'm trying to write a script which will allow me to create a reverse
tunnel from a remote machine using SSH -R

I know the reverse tunnel script works on it's own run from the shell, but I
don't want to leave it open always... does anyone have any ideas on how to
make this work? There seems to be something wrong with the subprocess call
such that it just hangs on the remote side...

#!/usr/bin/python

import os, time, subprocess
REMOTE_HOME='../'  #mounted drive to REMOTE_HOME from LOCAL_MACHINE

cmd = 'while true; do ssh -R 8022:localhost:22 MyUserName at RemoteHost ; sleep
60; done'
while 1:
	while os.path.exists(os.path.join(REMOTE_HOME,'mySecretFile'):
		proc=subprocess.call(cmd,shell='True')

	if proc: os.kill(proc.pid)

	if os.path.exists(os.path.join(REMOTE_HOME,'KillScript'):
		break