[Tutor] directory traversal help

Michael python at mrfab.info
Thu Jul 3 14:47:00 CEST 2008

Hi

I have modified an algorithm from the think like a python programmer
book for traversing folders and printing the files in those folders. It
works for my original purposes but I have a students that wants to use
it to run from a root folder, problem is that it crashes on the
recycling bin as well as hidden and other types of folders. Is there a
way to modify it to skip folders that would make it crash? I have tried
using exception handling (try) and other functions in the os module but
I cannot work it out. Any ideas? thanks

Michael

import os
import string