[Tutor] Fibonacci series(perhaps slightly off topic)

Emil kuffert_med_hat at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 17:27:10 CEST 2008

Hey John thank you for your reply. I came up with this code, it is not elegant( yet) but i would say that it is more efficient :)

class Fibs(object):

	def __init__(self):
		self.fibsseq = [0,1]

	def __getitem__(self, key):
		try:
			return self.fibsseq[key]
		except IndexError:
			for i in xrange(key-len(self.fibsseq)+1):
				self.fibsseq.append(self.fibsseq[-1] + self.fibsseq[-2])
			return self.fibsseq[key]