[Tutor] open-file GUI

Eli Brosh ebrosh at nana10.co.il
Fri Jul 4 16:14:08 CEST 2008

I am starting to use Python+NumPy+SciPy+Matplotlib as a substitute to MATLAB.
I need a simple GUI that can help me to open files and save file i.e. something similar to uigetfile in MATLAB.
Is there a simple script that opens a window with a possibility to browse through the file system and pick an ASCII file ?
After the file is spcified using the GUI, I want to read it using fromfile and similar commands.
After I process the data I want a similar GUI that enables choosing the path and name for saving the results file.
Are scripts of this type available ?
Eli Brosh