[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18

kinuthiA muchanE muchanek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 23:02:06 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 20:23 +0200, tutor-request at python.org wrote:
> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 12:23:36 -0600
> From: Nathan Farrar <nathan.farrar at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Tutor] Exploring the Standard Library
> To: Python Tutor <tutor at python.org>
>
> I'd like to spend some time exploring the standard library.  I'm
> running
> python on Ubuntu.  How would I find the location of the modules
> (find /
> -name "os.py" does not yield results)?
In Ubuntu, you can find all the documentation in the /usr/share/doc
directory. Therefore, for python you will find it
in /usr/share/doc/python. Furthermore, to find the location of some
documentation, in the terminal enter dpkg -L <package-name>, in your
case, just type dpkg -L python and you will be rewarded with paths for
all python related documentation.

Does this help?
Kinuthia...