[Tutor] Dynamic Method Creation

George Flaherty George.Flaherty at sas.com
Thu Jul 10 16:09:30 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to port over some old code from Ruby into Python.  In my old ruby code I had a UnitTest class that created a bunch of test methods (i.e. def test_MyTestFunction) dynamically through the ruby method define_method(http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Module.html#M000396).

This functionally allowed me to create any number of methods dynamically within a particular class. My problem is I have never done this nor can find any examples of this within python and I am pretty sure python can handle this?

If anyone could point me in the right direction?
thanks

-george