[Tutor] Program launcher in taskbar

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 13 18:35:09 CEST 2008

"ammar azif" <ceasar102 at yahoo.com> wrote

> I am running ubuntu as my development platform but
> the application is targeted for windows machine.
> Is there any platform dependent library that can help me

Assuming you mean platform *independent* library I suspect
the answer is no. Things like the taskbar are very platform
dependent, indeed many (most?) Linux environments don't
even have a taskbar, or if they do its a user configurable item.

I may be provred wrong but I'll be surprised to find such a
thing in platform independent form. At best you might find
one that works on Windows/Gnome or Windows/KDE or
possibly all three. But it would not cover Enlightenment,
IceWM, etc...

Alan G.