[Tutor] Unittest

Oleg Oltar oltarasenko at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:40:49 CEST 2008

Hi I am using unittest framework with selenium.

When I tried this code (my verification point)

        self.assertEqual(True, sel.is_text_present(u"Извените пароли не
совпадают"), "System didn't give a correct warning about the password
misstype")

Where u"Извените пароли не совпадают" is russian = "Sorry passwords aren't
> equal", and sel.is_text_present - searches text string on the page

The output I get in case of failure was:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./newaccount/Password_matching.py", line 50, in test_passwordMatching
    self.assertEqual(True, sel.is_text_present(u"Извените
пароли не совпадают"), "System didn't give a correct
warning about the password misstype")
AssertionError: System didn't give a correct warning about the password misstype

Is there any way to get normal russian text instead of these strange D
chars "Изве...."

Thanks,
Oleg