[Tutor] How to populate a dictionary

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 17 17:02:09 CEST 2008

"bob gailer" <bgailer at gmail.com> wrote

> As I understood it the list policy is:
>
> 1) not solve homework problems.
> 2) request students to tell us exactly what problems they were
> running into
>     e.g. expected output, actual output, exceptions, ...
> 3) then give specific suggestions
>
> We seem to have violated that policy in this case.
>
> Can we in agreement on the policy?

So far as I know the policy remains as it always was Bob.

> I also prefer list posts to be in plain text rather than various
> fonts, sizes and colors.

I haven't had that problem. They are all in plain text whenI get them,
but thats probably my mail/news reader settings

> I think that assignment is very poorly worded!

I agree, the recommended sequence to solve is not great,
but it's better than some homework assignments I've seen
posted here.

> Why the busywork of coming up with 100 real dates. What does that
> have to do with programming?

Agreed, thats just silly. Unless the course is also trying to teach
research skills!

Alan G.