[Tutor] Import modeuls

arsyed arsyed at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 23:28:48 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Oleg Oltar <oltarasenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I need to import several modules from many folders which has subfolders
>
> ~/folder/tests/sampletest.py
> ~/folder/suites/samplesuit.py
>
> a suit uses tests from tests folder. I need to import them somehow from
> tests folder. I added ~/folder to PYTHONPATH in my test_runner:
>

> import sys
> import os
>
> sys.path.insert(0, "~/folder")
> os.popen("python2.5 %s" %sys.argv[1])
>
> But when trying to import module in the samplesuite file:
>
> from tests.sampletest.EmailWithoutA import EmailWithoutA
>>

> But I getting ImportError: No module named ....
>
> Please help

Do you have an __init__.py file in the tests and suites directories?

More on that here:

http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html

"The __init__.py files are required to make Python treat the directories as
containing packages; this is done to prevent directories with a common name,
such as "string", from unintentionally hiding valid modules that occur later
on the module search path. In the simplest case, __init__.py can just be an
empty file, but it can also execute initialization code for the package or
set the __all__ variable, described later."