[Tutor] Configuration File Pattern

Daniele d.conca at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:08:45 CEST 2008

Hi list,
I've recently developed a basic python program which needs to store
some data in a file (e.g. a directory path).
What the program needs is a dictionary containing the data, so I used
the pickle module to store the dictionary in a file and read it back
when the program is launched.
I wanted to know which is the common pattern in python programming in
this case, because the way I've choosen only lets the user configure
the data via a GUI (the file is somehow "compiled"). Is it better to
store the data in a text file and then parse it and construct a
dictionary? Or is there e third way?

Thanks, Daniele