[Tutor] adding a watermark to a sequence of images

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Mon Jul 21 22:30:56 CEST 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Christopher Spears wrote:

> Has anyone used Python to watermark of sequence of images?

There's a recipe for watermarking using PIL here:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/362879

I have a half-baked program that goes through a directory of images and
time-stamps them with information from the EXIF data, which I'd be happy
to share with you.  I started writing it because my wife likes to have our
photos timestamped, and I don't, so this was our compromise; but she later
came around to my point of view so I never really cleaned it up.  It
works, but needs some polish.  It would be easy to adapt to a fixed
watermark.