[Tutor] Python Assistance!

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 25 01:37:34 CEST 2008

<yla116 at sfu.ca> wrote

> I'm totally don't know how to do my last assignment.It is distance
> education

We don't do homeworks but we can offer suggestions and advice.
However you will need to solve the problem yourself.

> There is my assignment,
> http://cmpt165.cs.sfu.ca/~ggbaker/examples/chequebook.html

I'm not sure how that's supposed to work. The data I got didn't seem
to add up correctly!

> I feel so helpless when I doing this assignment
> Could you teach how to start and end this assignmet?
>
> I try to write something about password but I still don't have any
> idea.

So what did you write about the password?
I don't see any of it below. What happened? What did you
expect to happen?

Also how are you running these programs? Are you using a web
server or a command line console? Do you have to produce web
page output or can you use the command window (which is much
easier)

> Here is some codes which I try to write

The code implies that you are using a web environment but you
do not import the cgi module which is normally required to process
HTML forms.

Can you describe what you think you are being asked to do?
And ideally how you were planning on going about it?
Also how much background do you have in programming?
In Python? And which OS etc are you using?

Lots of questions but we need to know that stuff before we
can give you sensible answers.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site