[Tutor] where to report a bug?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Sat Jul 26 00:11:57 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:04:35AM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> I have a script that works fine on my linux machine but bombs out when
> run under windows using the exact same data files. The script downloads
> a file then unzips it and then scans the resulting file for certain
> records. Under Windows it gets a memory error in the unzip routine.
>
> Where should I send the error report?

You might want to post your code here.  Someone might be able to
suggest a fix (to your code) or at least a work-around.

One question -- Are you downloading the file and unzipping it with
the zipfile module?  Or, are you downloading the file and then
writing the file to disk.

If you are writing the file to disk, make sure that you open the
file in binary mode, since a zipped file is binary data.  If you
fail to do so, your code will work on Linux/UNIX, but not on
Windows.  I've written code with that bug myself.

- Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman