[Tutor] Online class/education for Python?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 27 16:01:36 CEST 2008

"wesley chun" <wescpy at gmail.com> wrote

> oh, if there were only some other alternative for complete newbies
> programmers... say, um, a 2nd edition of Learn to Program?!? (yeah,
> keep teasing about this but i am kinda serious in some ways too
> [altho
> i'm aware of the work involved in such an endeavor].) :)

I might be able to contemplate such a task in the near future.
I'm not sure whether the publisher would be keen though, sales
are steady but hardly best-seller - an inherent risk when you
publish a web version too! In fact my biggest sales are currently
in Japan (where I assume there is a more limited range of Python
books available!).

If I did do a 2nd edition I'd probably aim it at Python 3.0 - which
would give me the motivation to start looking at V3 more closely.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site