[Tutor] Unable to Reconfigure IDLE

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Jul 27 16:16:42 CEST 2008

Thomas Corbett wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2008, at 9:02 AM, Alan Gauld wrote:
>

>> "Thomas Corbett" <corbettt at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote
>>
>>> Configured shell window to wrong size, now can't seem to find the
>>> menu  (Options > Configure) to resize the shell.
>>
>> Don't you just resize it then close it and the next time it opens
>> it uses the new size?
>>
>> Thats how I thought it was supposed to work!
>>
>> Alan G

> The window is too large to resize.

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I assume that you
mean its edges are off the visible screen so you can't use
the mouse to grab the frame and resize it? If so, and if
you're on Windows, you can resize with the keyboard:
Alt-Space S will put you in Sizing mode; then use the
cursor keys to move the edges in and out. Alternatively,
Alt -Space M will put the window in Moving mode and, again,
the cursor keys can be used to bring a corner into view
and into range of the mouse.

TJG