[Tutor] Turtle problem: how to exit the .exe?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 29 02:30:44 CEST 2008

"Dick Moores" <rdm at rcblue.com> wrote

>>Tkinter is involved, turtle usesw Tkinter.
>
> Yes, I allowed for that when I made the .exe:
> python Makespec.py -FKc
> E:\PyInstaller\MyScripts\randomTriangles_wo_named_colorsV13.exe

Means nothing to me, I've never found a need to make an exe
from a python program... :-)

>>But to exit I would expect the standard Windows exit key
>>combination (Alt F4) to work fine?
>
> Yes, but no. Try it yourself. Please.
> <http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/randomTriangles_wo_named_colorsV13_no_console.exe>

Very odd, I assume the python script when executed normally
doesn't exhibit such odd behaviour? The only way I could stop
it was to kill the process from Task Manager. Are you sure you
aren't generating some kind of autostart option in your exe
building tool?

I have no further ideas...

Alan G.