[Tutor] thread.error: can't start new thread

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Jun 4 21:35:04 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Mohit Jain <mjain at buzzient.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I am new to python (started programming a week back). I am trying to run a
> piece of text analysis code over a database which contain more than
> 10,000,00 rows. I decided to run the program in a threaded way. So i created
> a thread pool. However, code gives me the error
>
> thread.error: can't start new thread.

Please show us
- the code that causes the error
- the complete error message including the stack trace

You might want to use someone else's thread pool, especially if you
are brand-new to programming. There are several possibilities in the
Python Cookbook, search for thread pool.
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python

Kent