[Tutor] Have Python Update Forms

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 6 09:51:57 CEST 2008

"James" <jtp at nc.rr.com> wrote

> I want to write a program that will update the 'last updated' field
> on
> *every* item. This will require some sort of 'post' to the web
> server

I think I misunderstood your request. I thought you wanted to
add some new web browser functions but it looks like you may
want a batch update facility?

If so why not write directly to the database? Simulating a GUI
or web form is an intrinsicly unreliable way of doing things
and if possible you should go directly to the datyabase.
It will also be much quicker and have less resource hit on
your server. Or is here a reason you cannot talk to the
database?

Alan G