[Tutor] Error-handling for a large modular program

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 18:08:46 CEST 2008

Shrutarshi Basu wrote:
> the front end of the program is essentially a parser for a moderately complex configuration language, which means that there are a variety of syntax/semantics errors possible.
In my experience with parsers there is little or no need for try-except
blocks. Could you give us an example of how you'd use try-except in your

Also are you aware that there are a lot of parser programs out there
(some in Python) that might save you time / effort?

Bob Gailer
919-636-4239 Chapel Hill, NC