[Tutor] TurtleWorld Windows issue

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 7 01:22:53 CEST 2008

<odispam at sonic.net> wrote

> machine (so another OS is not an option).  I can't get TurtleWorld
> to run
> as described in the book
> (http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/book005.html).

I know nothing of TurtleWorld but...

> <TurtleWorld.TurtleWorld instance at 0x00C4C968>
>
> No new window appears, or if it appears, it closes nearly
> instantaneously.

Thats what I'd expect...

> A new but empty window appears, titled "TurtleWorld (Not
> Responding)"

Thats also what I'd expect since you have created a turtle but not
drawn anything yet.

Check the methjods, you may need to make the turtle visible,
put the pen down, and move it around a bit.

If pen down is default(it usually is) try doing

bob.forward(50)

Does that do anything?

Presumably thre are some drawing examples in the book...

Alan G