[Tutor] Why not to use include?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Jun 8 22:40:41 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> If this is not the case, then why are there so many "PHP vs. Python"
> flame wars? PHP is designed for _only_ programming web pages, so far
> as I understand, so if Python cannot do that why are the two languages
> compared so often?

Python is a general purpose language that can, among other things, be
used to generate web pages in many different ways. Possibly none of
these ways match your pre-conceptions. Please do some reading.

Probably the simplest way to generate a web page from Python is with a
cgi module. Here is a simple example:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/CgiScripts

Kent