[Tutor] wanting to learn

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 03:33:49 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Michael yaV <michael at yavarsity.com> wrote:
> So, can anybody head me in the right direction with my endeavor?

I've read 'Programming Python Third Edition' by Mark Lutz.
O'Reilly & Assoc., 2006. ISBN 0596009259. It has a lot of
stuff about doing things with the Net in it. See if you can find
a copy of it at a used-book store, or someplace like
http://used.addall.com

Just the chapters on using Tkinter (300+ pages) are worth it!

The best Python Tutorial I've found (for me) is:
Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner, Second Edition.
Michael Dawson. ISBN: 1598631128

It is games oriented, but covers all the basics, quite thoroughly.
If you can work through that one, you'll be able to tackle just
about anything Python. Plus, it's a lot of fun to read and do.

Happy Programming!
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?