[Tutor] Visualizing the Python Project

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:33:15 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:26 AM, W W <srilyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:40 AM, bhaaluu <bhaaluu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is very interesting!
>>
>> http://www.vimeo.com/1093745
>>
>> Visualizing the commit history of the Python scripting language project.
>>
>> http://vis.cs.ucdavis.edu/~ogawa/codeswarm/
>
> That would only be cooler if it was written in python ;) (maybe it
> was, but it wasn't specified on the page I read :P)

I know, right?

Michael Ogawa, the UC Davis student who made code_swarm says he
is seriously considering releasing the source code to his project as
open source.
We'll see. He says the source code, as it is now, needs to be cleaned-up
(which indicates it probably wasn't written in Python - since Python, by
its very nature is clean, right?).

Nevertheless, the video of the Python Project is really cool! I like it when
the project explodes in 2000. It's like a SuperNova.
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?