[Tutor] Video file metadata? (MP4/WMV)

Allen Fowler allen.fowler at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 23:10:57 CET 2008

Hello,

 I have several hundred WMV video files with bad embedded author/title/date information.

However, the correct information is correctly encoded in the file name.. i.e. "title-author-date.wmv"

Seems like the a great job for Python. :)

Also, I am about to convert these fiiles to MP4 for use on an iPod. The video software I am using will, I think, transfer the metadata from the WMV to the new MP4 files.

So, two questions:

1) Does these exist a python module I can use to programatically edit the metadata in MP4
 files?

2) Failing that, is there a python module I can use to edit the
 metadata in the WMV files? (hopeing the data makes it through the
 conversion..)

-- Thank you