[Tutor] my first project: a multiplication trainer

Chris Fuller cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net
Sat Mar 15 11:17:24 CET 2008

The basic approach I use in these sorts of problems is to generate the
choices, remove them from a list as they are asked, and then stop when this
list is empty.

If you don't need the list of questions afterwards, this will work:

from random import choice

questions = [ [i,j] for i in range(1,10) for j in range(1,10) ]
false_answers = []

while questions:
   q = choice(questions)
   del questions[questions.index(q)]

   # stuff

If you'd like to keep the original question list, make a proxy list, and
choose from that:

questions = [ [i,j] for i in range(1,10) for j in range(1,10) ]
false_answers = []

choices = range(len(questions))

while choices:
   proxyq = choice(choics)