[Tutor] login

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Mar 15 17:44:34 CET 2008

SwartMumba snake wrote:
> I am trying to get the cookies from the site when I login, though
> html.info(). The problem is that when I check the source ( html.read() )
> it shows that it does not recognize me as logged in. Also, if I chech
> html.info(), the cookies that I am suppose to receive, if I logged in
> successfully, are not there. What am I doing wrong?

urllib2 does not support cookies by default, you have to configure it
with a CookieJar:

import cookielib, urllib2

cj = cookielib.CookieJar()
opener = urllib2.build_opener(urllib2.HTTPCookieProcessor(cj))

Then use this opener as below. I think you will have to look at the
CookieJar to see the cookies.

Kent