[Tutor] Handling XMLHTTPRequests
dreamweaver.gr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 22:44:28 CET 2008
I am trying to build an extension for the Firefox that will automatically
authorize users through KeyNote system. My components are the following:
1. Python implementation of KeyNote. Stand-alone, given some
information makes the authorization decision.
2. Firefox Extension: When some events are triggered, an
XMLHTTPRequest (XHR) should be sent to the server.
3. *(?)A python script that should handle the XHRs.*
1 and 2 are ready and my difficulties are in 3. I need some conceptual help
on the following:
- Is it possible a Python script hosted on Apache, accept the XHRs
- Can data sent (e.g. XML files) along with the XHR be extracted from
my python script and be redirected to the stand-alone Python KeyNote
application, as well as getting the result back (i.e. authorization
- Can I define the HTTP response that will be sent back to the
The important thing is this script to be hosted on an Apache server and not
be a stand-alone server. Moreover I would like to avoid the use of CGI and
rather use the mod_python.
Any help would be really appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tutor