[Tutor] Saving an Image in a Given Format

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 04:47:28 CEST 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Wayne Watson <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> I see that I misunderstood the syntax of Python for:
>
> current_image.convert
> current_image.save
>
> current_image is a "pointer" whose type is some class, so convert() and
> save() must be methods in that class.

Yes, they are methods of a class.  self.current_image is just a normal
python variable that stores a reference to a class instance.  You can call
it a 'pointer' because it's probably similar to that internally, but it's
easier just to think about it as a label for a specific calss instance.

> The question is what class/module?
> PIL?

You need to give us the full code.
There will be an import statement at the top, and you can figure out where
current_image is created.  These clues will lead you to the library that
they're using.