[Tutor] Redarding Random no display in WXPython

ALAN GAULD alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue May 6 11:58:37 CEST 2008

Always use Reply All to send to the list as well. That way you
get more likeliehood of a response.

>   Thanks Buddy.. and Is there  any possibilities  to  display ma random number
> in WxTextCtrl  with out using  Timer Object..  The GUI has to get refresh automatically..

The normal way to do an auto-update in a GUI is using a timer set to a
short interval - say 200ms.

However, looking at the code you sent I don't see you binding any events to
any widgets.

Do you have much experience of using wxPython or any other GUI toolkit?
Do you understand event driven programming?

If not I think you should drop Glade and write a few simple hand crafted
wxPython applications first (maybe a currency convertor or somesuch)
so that you are clear how GUIs and events work. Glade and its like are great
for quickly drawing a GUI but they tend to hide how the underlying
system works - but you do still need to understand that.

If you do understand these topics then can you explain where your random
number generation/display is supposed to fit into your code framework?
It seems to me that it is sitting in a temp function that never gets called?

HTH,

Alan G