[Tutor] checking and installing dependent softwares

root jatinder.singh2 at wipro.com
Sun May 11 13:51:26 CEST 2008

Hi ,
        i am trying for a python script that is to check the php5 and
mysql softwares.If the php5 and mysql softwares are not installed, the
should provide a way to list down / install the software.

please guide me to do this.-

for this I am doing

import sys
import os
import commands
import sys

        commands_hash = {}
        commands_hash['php'] = {}
        commands_hash['php']['title'] = "*********PHP**************"
        commands_hash['php']['value'] = "rpm -qa *php*"
        commands_hash['mysql'] = {}
        commands_hash['mysql']['title'] ="********MYSQL**************"
        commands_hash['mysql']['value'] = "rpm -qa *mysql*"

this is checking whether PHP and MYSQL are installed but how to enhance
it so as to install them.

Thanks

Jatinder Singh

www.wipro.com