[Tutor] python investment scheme assistance

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed May 21 14:45:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Binish Huma Qadir
<b.qadir at ugrad.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a Investment implementation project where i need to use the
> following data:
> http://app.lms.unimelb.edu.au/bbcswebdav/courses/600151_2008_1/datasets/finance/asx_large.csv
>
> I've been instructed to design an investment scheme in python.
> The investment scheme i have chosen is based on investing in 3companies
> with the highest dividend yield and lowest debt equity ratio.

This sounds like a homework problem; we try to avoid doing homework.
We will help you with specific questions.

Do you know how to read the file? Maybe you could start with a program
that just reads and prints the csv file. The csv module can help with
that. Then compute and print the measures you need; finally pick out
the top three.

Try to write some code and ask here when you have trouble.

Kent