[Tutor] Gasp

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Mon May 26 23:32:07 CEST 2008

>> I am following the tutorial "How to think like a Computer Scientist" to
>> learn Python and on Chapter 4 - Conditionals one of the exercises is to
>> import some things from "gasp".
>
> That is not a standard module. Does it tell you where to get it?
> Perhaps they mean this:
> https://launchpad.net/gasp

hi, and welcome to Python!

for the other beginners who do not know which tutorial/book you're
talking about, here is the link:
http://openbookproject.net/thinkCSpy

in Appendix A, you will find directions on how to install GASP:
http://openbookproject.net/thinkCSpy/app_a.xhtml#auto1

Note that the reference to GASP is only available in the 2nd ed of
HtTLaCS... you will not find a reference to it in the 1st ed:
http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkCSpy/html/

best of luck!
-- wesley
 http://corepython.com