[Tutor] Error in executing: cmd.

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Fri May 30 20:11:36 CEST 2008

I'm not certain, but it appears the file RNZ9ET~K.PY may not exist, or
access is in some other way restricted.

It's obviously running for a long time, about 3.75 hours.

Is the RNZ*.PY file in some way generated by your original script?

-Wayne

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Teresa Von Hazmburg <teresav at vtnnv.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am new to programming.
>
> I have a shapefile of county parcel data containing over 600,000 polygons.
>
> Using python, I am trying to query the shapefile and write the results out
>
> to separate shapefiles.
>
> I put a print command so I can watch the procedure.
>
> I execute the script and watch what is printed to the screen.
>
> Everything looks ok and then I leave the office and let the process run over
> night.
>
> But I come back in the morning to find this error message:
>

> Executing (Script14_1): Script14
>
> Start Time: Thu May 29 16:39:32 2008
>
> Running script Script14...
>
> Error in script Script14.
>
> Error in executing: cmd.exe /C N:\VTN\AI9\Scripts\python\RNZ9ET~K.PY  "#"
>

> Failed to execute (Script14_1).
>
> End Time: Thu May 29 20:23:41 2008 (Elapsed Time: 3 hours 44 minutes 9
> seconds
>

> Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
>

> Thank you.
>

> 2727 S. Rainbow Blvd.
>
> Las Vegas, NV 89146-5148
>
> Phone: (702) 253-2434
>
> Fax: (702) 362-2597
>
> Web: vtnnv.com

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being
called gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly:
every weakness, every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its
ennoblement and exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi