[Tutor] cgi scripts

Jim Morcombe jmorcombe at westnet.com.au
Sat Nov 8 09:10:29 CET 2008

Bt "Crash", I mean the browser displays:

  Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

The code I sent before had a silly mistake in it.  Here is a better
example of the things I am trying and failing at.
I can print a single key.  I can iterate over the keys, just printing
out "hello" for each iteration.
But I can't figure out how to iterate over all the keys printing out
somethinf sensible.

#!C:\python25\python.exe

import cgi, sys
# import cgitb; cgitb.enable()

#Send errors to browser
sys.stderr = sys.stdout

#Parse data from form
data = cgi.FieldStorage()

#Send response to browser
print "Content-type: text/html\n"
print "<title>CGI Form Response</title>\n"
print "<h2>This is the data passed to the cgi script</h2><P>"

# This next bit works and I can see a list of keys displayed in the browser
print "Version 4: data.keys()\n"
print "<br>"
print data.keys()

# This next bit also works and I can see the value of the variable
"JQuiz_q01_score"
print "<P>-----------------"
print "<B>JQuiz_q01_score = ", data["JQuiz_q01_score"].value

# However, whenever I try to iterate over all the keys, I get the
"Internal Server error"
for k in data.keys():
    print "<BR>"data[k].key

#  I have also tried data[k]