[Tutor] import data (txt/csv) into list/array and manipulation

trias t.gkikopoulos at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 18:12:43 CET 2008

Hi,

 I have started learning python (any online help content suggestions are
welcome) and want to write a couple of scripts to do simple numeric
calculations on array data.

filetype(1) I have reference files (ie file.csv) that contain three columns
with variable rows, first column is type str contains a unique identifier
name, and the other two columns are int type contain two reference values
(start,stop(genomic location reference values).
  **maybe I should import this as dictionary list**

filetype(2) The other file contains signal data in three columns, column one
is a unique identifier type int, and the other two columns contain two type
int values (genomic location reference values)
  ** import this as array/list

I want to map the location of filetype(2) with respect to filetype(1) and be
able to do averaging of signal if I align all filetype one objects.

Thanks