[Tutor] Converting EBCDIC characters to ASCII

Steve Bricker bricker.steve at imonmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:14:54 CET 2008

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }I
am trying to build an application for work that FTPs a file from an
IBM mainframe to my Windows desktop then process it.  The
EBCDIC-to-ASCII conversion works nicely (using a BAT file I created)
except for three packed-decimal data fields (for example,
X'0000000000000000014C' is equal to integer 14).  I am assuming I
need to go through this byte-by-byte to convert.  Is that the best
approach, or is there a better way?
 Steve Bricker