[Tutor] Classes and Databases

ALAN GAULD alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 14 02:21:51 CET 2008

> Thanks Allan... we have used CVS for the base system.. but for users provided functions,
> we think for having them persistent in the database..

I'm puzzled. CVS provides much better facilities for handling code, especially with multiple
versions (visibility of diffs, who changed what and when etc) that I can't think of a single
good reason to put it in a database. I can see the point of using a database as an indexing
system for searching, filtering etc but storing code in a database, extracting it and then trying
to execute it is just so much more difficult than  fetching a version file and importing
or running it directly. Plus you need to write a basic version control system on top of
the database anyway.

I really think I must be missing something about your requirements?

Alan G