[Tutor] Convert a text logfile to RSS xml.

Lance Haig lhaig at haigmail.com
Mon Nov 17 18:27:46 CET 2008

 Hi,
 I was just thinking how to improve our opensource Website and was
wondering if there is an easy way to convert say an IRC logfile to an
rss feed using pyton?
 I was thinking about running the script with cron that will scan the
latest logfile for the day and convert it to rss xml std

 it would overwrite the rss feed file everytime and then when a new
day starts the xml file is overwritten.

  How would you do this? and do you have any suggestions?

 I was also thinking of importing the logfiles into a small sqllite
db and then convertinbg the sqldb into a feed.

  Regards
 Lance