[Tutor] My horrible looking program needs improvement.

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Mon Nov 24 17:00:59 CET 2008

I wrote my 1st Python program and it works as I want it to work but
,IMHO, it looks horrible.

As to what my program does:
It downloads a file from the web, downloads .htaccess and Apache log
file from a FTP site, using the IP's from the Apache log it checks if
the IP exists in the web-file, if it is it's added to the .htaccess as
a deny from.

Most actions are logged to file and console.

Why I think it looks horrible:
Everything is in main(), I would like to use functions but ran into
problems with the scope of my variables.
The CLI arguments check is just a bunch of IF's

Is this the place where somebody could go over my program and give
some pointers on how to improve the structure or is there a forum out
on the Net that can help me out.

If this is the place, how do I show the program, in-line or attached?

Thanks in  advance.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98

WordPress Plugin Developer
http://blog.avirtualhome.com

GetDeb Package Builder/GetDeb Site Coder
http://www.getdeb.net - Software you want for Ubuntu