[Tutor] Multiple windows in Tkinter

Glen Clark glenuk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 19:40:46 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am a little confused how multi-windows work in Tkinter. I am currently
using it while learning to program. Using it for single window apps/scripts
is fine. However what I dont understand is:

What is toplevel? Is it the same as Tk()? Do I initialise a root using Tk()
and then use toplevel for any other windows? How do I switch between the
Windows? And while I am on the subject what is a frame and why should I use
it? atm the moment it just seems to be the same as Tk()?

Many thanks for any advice.