[Tutor] Monitoring HTTP connections?

xbmuncher xboxmuncher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 21:06:34 CEST 2008

on proxy programs:
i want to sniff the http requests that are being made internally from a
program I have no control over, so a proxy server won't work, because I
can't make the program access the internet through a proxy, its not a
browser that is making the requests

Perhaps, you can tell me the "things" I need to accomplish with code for me
to be able to sniff the HTTP requests/responses coming from my wireless
card. I can explain what I want to do in primitive terms:
wireless card or computer machine makes requests of the protocol HTTP
I want to be able to sniff and get the text information of these requests, i
want to be able to trigger event like behavior on these requests, so my
program can respond instantly when an http request happens

how to describe these things in their technical aspects I am ignorant of, if
someone could outline or summarize what I would need to do technically with
python to achieve this, I'll be happy to study methods of how to do these
technical things and eventually write the code myself

thank you