[Tutor] Python Working Environment, Checkout, Compare (diff), ...

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Oct 10 06:09:16 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Well, maybe I'll give Cygwin a go again. I tried it 2-3 years ago and it was
> troublesome. I'd really like to have Unix/Linux available, so maybe. I
> really don't use Linux any longer, but it does have some very good features
> like diff than can be helpful even in a Win env.

Many of the GNU tools - including diff - are available for native
Windows (not Cygwin) from the GnuWin32 project:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html

I use TCC as a shell, it's not bash but it is a bit smarter than
cmd.exe. Unfortunately it still runs in the brain-dead Windows
console.
http://jpsoft.com/

Kent