[Tutor] Python Basic Help

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 20:49:33 CEST 2008

What do you know so far? Do you know how to create a list or loop over the
values inside a list?
Try showing us what you've done so far and where you're stuck, then you'll
get plenty of pointers. If you're just doing this on your own and not
homework, you're probably starting on something a little too advanced. If
this is homework, the point of homework is to learn how to do it on your own
(that's the point of some online assignment as well, but you don't get
graded on that ;) )

HTH,
Wayne

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Luke Paireepinart
<rabidpoobear at gmail.com>wrote:

> smells like homework.
>
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:52 PM, burmantanya at yahoo.ca
> <burmantanya at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > Hey
> >
> > My name is Tanya and i am new to python programmin. I have few questions
> > which hopefully will clear my doubts.
> >

> > First question, we are given a list
> >
> > L = [ 345 , 32525 , 525 , 53245 , 6536 ]
> >
> > how would i add them? like in this form - 3+4+5+3+2+5+.....
> >

> > 2nd Question, we are givin a list
> >
> > L = [-----++++--+--329234]
> >
> > how would i tell python to use algebra basics here???
> >

> > 3rd Question
> >
> > how do we assign alphabets to numbers
> >
> > for example - if we divide 200 by 16, we get quotient as 12 and remainder
> as
> > 8. 12 equals to C. so the answer should display C8
> >

> > Thank you. Your help would be really appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks once again for taking out your time to read it..
> >

> > Tanya

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi