[Tutor] automatically generate python/pylons documentation

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:18:34 CEST 2008

hi!

I'm trying to generate documentation for my pylons web application.

my personal opinion:
1. pudge:
I've reviewed pudge. it was not very useful & hard to know as most of
the links are not working on the site and lack of support.
2. epydoc
I liked epydoc, the generated document looks more like what is
generate by ruby tools, i guess rdoc. if i give it a single python
file it works fine. but if i want epydoc to go into a specific folder
& generate the documentation for all the files & files in the sub
directories, it doesn't automatically do that. any pointers there.
3. sphinx:
i've read a little about it. haven't tried it yet.

my objective is to automatically generate documentation for my entire
pylons webapp or any other python application.

regds,
arun.