[Tutor] automatically generate python/pylons documentation

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 15:45:55 CEST 2008

hi!

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Arun Tomar <tomar.arun at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi!
>>
>> I'm trying to generate documentation for my pylons web application.
>
>> 2. epydoc
>> I liked epydoc, the generated document looks more like what is
>> generate by ruby tools, i guess rdoc. if i give it a single python
>> file it works fine. but if i want epydoc to go into a specific folder
>> & generate the documentation for all the files & files in the sub
>> directories, it doesn't automatically do that. any pointers there.
>
> I have used epydoc to create docs for entire packages by giving it the
> package name on the command line. The package must be in the current
> Python path.
>
> Looking at epydoc's own makefile it appears that you can also specify
> a directory.

I've a pylons web application in the directory called helloworld.
if i give the command for epydoc to generate the documentation it
gives the below mentioned errors:

 epydoc helloworld/
  Error: Directory 'helloworld/' is not a package
  Error: Nothing left to document!

Can you guide me how can i accomplish this task.

> Kent

Regds,
Arun.