[Tutor] Creating a single .exe file without py2exe and pyinstaller

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 20 10:02:06 CEST 2008

"Abah Joseph" <joefazee at gmail.com> wrote

>I have written a small application of about 40-45 lines which is
>about 4KB,
> so I want to create a single .exe file from it, using py2exe it
> created
> unnecessary files, that just increase the size of the program and
> also less
> portable to me.

What kind of extra files?
One of Py2exe's main jobs is to strip out all the unnecessary
files and only bundle up those that are needed.

Have you tried installing the exe without the extra files? Does it
still
work on a PC without Python already installed?

Py2exe usually does a pretty good job and has been around for
such a long time I'm surprised its producing any extras.

Curious,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site