[Tutor] How to clear the screen

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:14:33 CEST 2008

W W wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 3:13 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com
> <mailto:alan.gauld at btinternet.com>> wrote:
>     "Chris Fuller" <cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net
>     <mailto:cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net>> wrote
>         want to clear the screen, printing the control sequence ESC[2J
>         is all you
>         need.
>                     print chr(0x1b) + '[2J'
> I don't know if this is the most graceful solution... but it seems to
> work:
> import os
> if os.system('cls') == 0:
>     pass
> elif os.system('clear') == 0:
>     pass
> else:
>     print 'No clear command available'
I'd prefer, for compactness and readability:

if not os.system('cls'):
  if not os.system('clear'):
   print 'No clear command available'

Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC

When we take the time to be aware of our feelings and
needs we have more satisfying interatctions with others.

Nonviolent Communication provides tools for this awareness.

As a coach and trainer I can assist you in learning this process.

What is YOUR biggest relationship challenge?