[Tutor] fast list traversal

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:40:17 CET 2008

Dinesh B Vadhia wrote:
> I need to process a large number (> 20,000) of long and variable
> length lists (> 5,000 elements) ie.
> for element in long_list:
>     <do something with element>        # the result of this operation
> is not a list
> The performance is reasonable but I wonder if there are faster Python
> methods?

I don't know of any. Of course it could depend on what you are doing
with each element. Say more!

Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC

When we take the time to be aware of our feelings and
needs we have more satisfying interatctions with others.

Nonviolent Communication provides tools for this awareness.

As a coach and trainer I can assist you in learning this process.

What is YOUR biggest relationship challenge?