[Tutor] Calling Python Programs from Word, pdfs, etc

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Sep 5 09:55:41 CEST 2008

Jim Morcombe wrote:
> 1.  Is it possible to invoke a Python Program from some kind of link in
> a Word document, similar to the way a Java Applet is run from a Web
> Page.  Obviously I am thinking about a Windows enviroinment only.  (I
> guess I'm probably asking if an exe file can be launched from Winows)

Well I'd just written this email saying how unlikely
it was and how horrified I'd be. And then I just threw
the relevant words into Google and...

http://vbadud.blogspot.com/2007/06/run-vb60-executable-from-excelword.html

I haven't tried it but if you can call CreateProcess
then you can do pretty much anything you like.

TJG